We have three types of memberships, ACTIVE, ASSOCIATE and STUDENT.
ACTIVE member is an attorney who is in good standing with the Virginia State Bar. Has a bona fide office within the city limits of Alexandria or who resides within the City of Alexandria. (Note: Only active members can vote)
ASSOCIATE member is an attorney in good standing with any state or Federal Bar.
STUDENT member is any person attending law school anywhere in the United States.
Memberships fees are due in July of each year. Participation in referral service is separate from the Bar and is an additional fee of $70.00. LRS members must be a member of the Bar.
Annual Membership Fees:
Law Students: $75.00
Email: [email protected]
Join the Alexandria Bar Association and enjoy these member benefits:
Please see disclaimer at the end of the benefits list.
- Law Library, located in the Courthouse, is open to the public from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday with extended hours for Alexandria Bar members. Call the Law library for these members hours.
- Oyez, is the Bar journal containing news, professional interest, court announcements, Association calendar, activities, employment opportunities and classified advertisements.
- Monthly Membership Meetings featuring prominent speakers and a sit down dinner.
- Continuing Legal Education Classes are a source of development and practice pointers. Membership of the Bar enjoy the convenience of attending the CLEs local to offices at a discounted price.
- Voting Privileges for judgeships and election of officers and directors of the association, (Active members only).
- Mentor Program, gives new members the benefit of an ongoing relationship with an experienced attorney in a similar practice, as well as an Advisor’s Directory designed for all attorneys who need a colleagues help.
Disclaimer: The Alexandria Bar Association is not responsible for misrepresentation by any company that is offering services or benefits to Alexandria Bar members or anyone who has obtained information from this website.
If you are interested in receiving a membership packet and application, please send us an e-mail with the following information; your name, firms name, address, telephone and fax numbers. If you are interested in the LRS please contact the Bar office. (To be a member of the LRS you must have a bona-fide law office with-in the city limits of Alexandria, VA).